Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Vermicelli
(approx’ 355 Calories, 32g protein, 6g of fat, 4g fiber, 40g carbs, 159% daily vit A, 264% daily vit C, 31% daily iron)
What you need…
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 4.5 oz shrimp
- 1 tbsp hellman’s light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sweet thai chilli sauce
- 1/3 of a medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 of a red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 of a small pepper, grated
- as much green onion as you like
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- lemon juice
How to make it…
- Prepare vegetables and thaw shrimp. Coat shrimp with cornstarch.
- Sautee vegetables on a non-stick pan. Add shrimp.
- While the shrimp and vegetables are cooking, boil vermicelli noodles.
- When shrimp has browned and noodles are cooked (this happens quickly) fork out the vermicelli noodles and squeeze lemon juice overtop. I like to cut my noodles up so it is easier to eat.
- In the pan, add mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce and cayenne pepper. Coat.
- Pour shrimp and vegetables on top of noodles. Top with grated carrot and green onions.